Patrick Morrison, who lost his right foot as a result of a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection, said he only learned he was walking with two left feet when his wife helped him change the protective socks on his false foot, the Daily Mail reported Thursday.
Morrison said the delay in discovering the mistake was because he and his wife Alexia waited several months to change the three protective socks on the artificial limb.
The amputee said the discovery that a mistake had been made regarding his prosthetic truly disturbed his wife.
"She was upset and had a bit of a cry because she got such a shock. When you get something like this done you expect it to be done properly. I didn't think this kind of thing could happen," Morrison told the Mail.
Morrison said after reporting the error, as well as the fact the artificial limb was a size too big, he received a replacement from the same hospital that provided the original limb.
Celebrity Families of 2014 [PHOTOS]