SEOSAN, South Korea, Dec. 27 (UPI) -- An early morning fire at an inn in Seosan, South Korea, Sunday claimed the lives of at least three people, police say.
Police said an electrical short circuit may have caused the deadly blaze, which also sent seven people to the hospital with burns and smoke inhalation, the Yonhap News Agency reported. One of the injured victims was in critical condition after the fire.
"The inn was built about 40 years ago, so smoke was very bad," an unidentified police officer said of the blaze.
Police told Yonhap the fire is being investigated.