account
search
search

5 people found dead in Pennsylvania cabin

Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected in deaths of two adults and three children.
By Matt Bradwell Follow @mckb26 Contact the Author   |   May 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM
| License Photo
ELIMSPORT, Pa., May 4 (UPI) -- An improperly vented propane heater is being blamed for the deaths of five people found dead a small Pennsylvania cabin yesterday. The victims, two adults and three children, had toxic levels of carbon monoxide in their blood when they were discovered on Saturday.

Authorities say there was no indication that any of the deceased tried to escape the cabin, and likely all died in their sleep.

Pennsylvania state trooper Angele Bieber said a relative of the cabin's owner had guests over Friday and opted to spend the night in his truck. He discovered the bodies the following morning. An investigation is ongoing, but foul play is not suspected.

Related UPI Stories
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback