facebook
twitter
search
search

5 people found dead in Pennsylvania cabin

Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected in deaths of two adults and three children.
By Matt Bradwell   |   May 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM
| License Photo

ELIMSPORT, Pa., May 4 (UPI) -- An improperly vented propane heater is being blamed for the deaths of five people found dead a small Pennsylvania cabin yesterday. The victims, two adults and three children, had toxic levels of carbon monoxide in their blood when they were discovered on Saturday.

Authorities say there was no indication that any of the deceased tried to escape the cabin, and likely all died in their sleep.

Pennsylvania state trooper Angele Bieber said a relative of the cabin's owner had guests over Friday and opted to spend the night in his truck. He discovered the bodies the following morning. An investigation is ongoing, but foul play is not suspected.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Texas man killed in apparent alligator attack
Police arrest N.C. soldier with assault rifle headed to mall photo shoot
North Korean biochemical weapons researcher defects to Europe
Four accused in slave-labor trafficking ring on Ohio egg farm
'Enjoy your ride' sign on Baltimore police van raises questions