5 people found dead in Pennsylvania cabin

Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected in deaths of two adults and three children.
By Matt Bradwell   |   May 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM
| License Photo

ELIMSPORT, Pa., May 4 (UPI) -- An improperly vented propane heater is being blamed for the deaths of five people found dead a small Pennsylvania cabin yesterday. The victims, two adults and three children, had toxic levels of carbon monoxide in their blood when they were discovered on Saturday.

Authorities say there was no indication that any of the deceased tried to escape the cabin, and likely all died in their sleep.

Pennsylvania state trooper Angele Bieber said a relative of the cabin's owner had guests over Friday and opted to spend the night in his truck. He discovered the bodies the following morning. An investigation is ongoing, but foul play is not suspected.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
Vatican: Pope's meeting with Kim Davis not a show of support
Potential male contraceptive found in study with mice
Cancer and height are linked, new study shows
Hacker may have exposed data of 15 million T-Mobile customers
Education Secretary Arne Duncan to step down in December