The 30-foot deep and 40-foot wide opening in the earth pulled down more than $1 million in cars and the whole thing was caught on surveillance footage.
The last car was pulled out April 9 and so far not one bit of work has been done on any of the historic vehicles. Some of the cars were in pretty bad shape.
"The last three or four cars that came out of the sinkhole ... we didn't expect them to come out looking quite that bad," said Dana Forrester, lead restoration member of the museum's board of directors.
One Corvette -- a 2001 custom-made Mallett Hammer Z06 racing car -- came out in such bad shape, one museum official described it as "just a tire."
The board of directors of the museum are meeting next month with restorers and General Motors to make a decision on what to do about the damaged cars.
"We'll listen to what they say about it, and then we'll make a decision as to which car gets restored and to what degree," Forrester told CNN.