So far, no one has been killed, although two people have been wounded in the leg and one in the arm. Some drivers say they did not realize they had been targeted until they found bullet holes in their cars.
“We have been extremely lucky that no one has been seriously hurt,” Police Capt. Tye Grant said at a briefing Wednesday. “These acts have real consequences. People could die, and the person doing this could go to prison for the rest of their life. It is not a game.”
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has joined the investigation, working to find bullets and determine if they came from the same gun. The federal government has also contributed to a reward fund, bringing it up to $7,000.
Police Chief Darryl Forte said that 13 shootings since early March, 10 in the city and the others in surrounding communities, were thought to be part of the series. Investigators have now added sevenm more, including one in late March when someone shot at a house while the owners were away.
Most of the highway shootings have occurred near exits where shooters could get away from their targets. But investigators say in some cases the shooters may have been on foot.
“We are confident that some have occurred from vehicles,” Forte said. “In other cases, we don’t know.”
[Kansas City Star]
Celebrity Families of 2014 [PHOTOS]