ORLANDO, Fla., March 11 (UPI) -- A banquet hall in Orlando, Fla., canceled a deal with a gun show at the last minute after learning George Zimmerman was to make an appearance.
The New Orlando Gun Show had been scheduled for the Majestic event center last Friday through Sunday, Courthouse News Service reported. It was moved to the Arms Room Gun Show in Orlando as a one-day event on Saturday.
Zimmerman was acquitted last year of killing Trayvon Martin, 17, in a gated community in Sanford, Fla. Zimmerman, a Neighborhood Watch volunteer who had been following Martin, said he fired after the unarmed teenager jumped him.
Martin was walking to a relative's house from a convenience store.
The Gun Show has now filed court papers in Orange County demanding the return of a $20,000 deposit. It said it complied when the Majestic demanded that Zimmerman be removed as a vendor but the event center canceled the contract anyway.
The New York Daily News reported only a handful of people showed up at the show Saturday. Zimmerman signed autographs and posed for pictures.