facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Eight employees, guest treated after carbon monoxide leak at hotel

Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM   |   Comments

BALTIMORE, Feb. 17 (UPI) -- A leak of high levels of carbon monoxide at a hotel at Baltimore Washington Airport required medical treatment for nine people, officials say.

A spokesman for the Anne Arundel County Fire Department said the fumes were detected after a paramedic treated an employee of The Westin who reported feeling faint, the Baltimore Sun reported Monday.

Lt. Russ Davis said all of the hotel's 64 occupied rooms were evacuated Sunday afternoon.

He said "high levels" of carbon monoxide were detected in all seven stories of the building.

Fire officials said 20 people suffered possible carbon monoxide poisoning. Four employees who worked in the laundry room were transported to a trauma center. Four other employees and a guest were taken to a local hospital.

Guests were not allowed to return Sunday night.

The source of the leak has not been identified.

Topics: Anne Arundel
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Stratosphere crash driver commits suicide Stratosphere crash driver commits suicide
2
Kentucky firefighter injured in ice bucket challenge dies Kentucky firefighter injured in ice bucket challenge dies
3
Sister shoots and kills brother to protect father Sister shoots and kills brother to protect father
4
New York buses will feature anti-Islam ads depicting James Foley New York buses will feature anti-Islam ads depicting James Foley
5
Five men escape jail near Fresno, Calif. Five men escape jail near Fresno, Calif.
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback