facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Eight employees, guest treated after carbon monoxide leak at hotel

Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM   |   Comments

BALTIMORE, Feb. 17 (UPI) -- A leak of high levels of carbon monoxide at a hotel at Baltimore Washington Airport required medical treatment for nine people, officials say.

A spokesman for the Anne Arundel County Fire Department said the fumes were detected after a paramedic treated an employee of The Westin who reported feeling faint, the Baltimore Sun reported Monday.

Lt. Russ Davis said all of the hotel's 64 occupied rooms were evacuated Sunday afternoon.

He said "high levels" of carbon monoxide were detected in all seven stories of the building.

Fire officials said 20 people suffered possible carbon monoxide poisoning. Four employees who worked in the laundry room were transported to a trauma center. Four other employees and a guest were taken to a local hospital.

Guests were not allowed to return Sunday night.

The source of the leak has not been identified.

Topics: Anne Arundel
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
New York Post defies #ISISMediablackout with graphic James Foley cover
2
Last hostages freed, suspects arrested in Harvey, Ill.
3
North Korea insults John Kerry on his appearance
4
Father of 'affluenza' teen charged with impersonating cop
5
Patients in California and New Mexico being tested for Ebola
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback