facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Girl, 6, dies after getting tangled in window blind cord

Feb. 9, 2014 at 1:28 PM   |   Comments

SUITLAND, Md., Feb. 9 (UPI) -- A 6-year-old girl from Suitland, Md., died after getting caught in the cords of a window blind in her home, authorities said.

Family members found the girl unconscious and entangled in the cord Saturday, the Baltimore Sun reported.

The Prince George's County Fire Department said family members tried unsuccessfully to revive the girl and she was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at a local hospital.

Following the girl's death, fire officials urged parents to keep window cords out of reach of children, especially those under 5 years old, who are most likely to be strangled by cords.

© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Norways Kongsberg to demo missile for U.S. Navy Norways Kongsberg to demo missile for U.S. Navy
2
New video shows missing UVA student the morning she disappeared New video shows missing UVA student the morning she disappeared
3
Father of five children thought they would kill him, feed him to dogs Father of five children thought they would kill him, feed him to dogs
4
Peshmerga forces kill senior Islamic State commander Peshmerga forces kill senior Islamic State commander
5
Ship anchored near New Orleans sparks Ebola fears Ship anchored near New Orleans sparks Ebola fears
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback