facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Carbon monoxide kills two carpet cleaners in Utah

Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:28 PM   |   Comments

WEST JORDAN, Utah, Feb. 2 (UPI) -- Two carpet cleaners apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning while working in a Salt Lake City suburb this weekend, firefighters said.

The pair were found unconscious in a home in West Jordan where they had parked their van in an attached garage with the motor running.

The victims were taken to Jordan Valley Hospital where they both died Saturday night, Fire Chief Marc McElrath said.

Police were interviewing neighbors to find additional details about the incident. Officers were not able to immediately enter the home due to a buildup of the gas, the Salt Lake Tribune reported.

McElrath said it was not known if anyone was living in the house or if it was vacant and being cleaned before being put up for sale.

© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Two dead, more wounded in high school cafeteria shooting in Marysville, Wash. Two dead, more wounded in high school cafeteria shooting in Marysville, Wash.
2
U.S. airstrikes succeeding in cutting oil financing for Islamic State U.S. airstrikes succeeding in cutting oil financing for Islamic State
3
Nurse Nina Pham declared free of Ebola, meets President Obama Nurse Nina Pham declared free of Ebola, meets President Obama
4
Russian currency crashes Russian currency crashes
5
UNESCO: Crimea part of Ukraine, not Russia UNESCO: Crimea part of Ukraine, not Russia
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback