facebook
twitter
search
search

Radio City Music Hall evacuated due to basement fire

Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

NEW YORK, Jan. 3 (UPI) -- New York's Fire Department evacuated Radio City Music Hall Friday after a fire broke out in the basement, officials said.

A faulty transformer was the likely culprit of the fire, which spread to a machine room, WPIX-TV, New York, reported.

There was no show at the time and no injuries were reported, though firefighters evacuated all workers as a precaution, the TV station said.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Joel Osteen heckled, 6 arrested during service at Houston megachurch
Ghost hunters discover woman's body at abandoned Mississippi hospital
Israeli Navy intercepts ship headed for Gaza
Cuomo on escaped inmates: Plan was to kill prison worker's husband
Walmart sorry for making Islamic State cake after rejecting Confederate flag cake