facebook
twitter
search
search

Radio City Music Hall evacuated due to basement fire

Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

NEW YORK, Jan. 3 (UPI) -- New York's Fire Department evacuated Radio City Music Hall Friday after a fire broke out in the basement, officials said.

A faulty transformer was the likely culprit of the fire, which spread to a machine room, WPIX-TV, New York, reported.

There was no show at the time and no injuries were reported, though firefighters evacuated all workers as a precaution, the TV station said.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Islamic State re-captures part of key Kurdish-held border town in Syria
Demand for mobile phones in North Korea means two per household
Volcanic eruption alerts authorities in Japan
Girl Scouts chapter returns $100K donation that excluded transgender girls
More than 1,000 prisoners, some al-Qaida, escape Yemeni prison