Radio City Music Hall evacuated due to basement fire

Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

NEW YORK, Jan. 3 (UPI) -- New York's Fire Department evacuated Radio City Music Hall Friday after a fire broke out in the basement, officials said.

A faulty transformer was the likely culprit of the fire, which spread to a machine room, WPIX-TV, New York, reported.

There was no show at the time and no injuries were reported, though firefighters evacuated all workers as a precaution, the TV station said.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
TSU shooting: 1 dead, 1 wounded in third shooting this week at Houston campus
Listeria threat prompts Whole Foods cheese recall
Russia says missiles aimed at Syria did not land in Iran
Captive orca breeding banned at California's SeaWorld
Wrong drug used in Oklahoma execution