facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Hospital patient smokes in bed, starts fire, dies

Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM   |   Comments

BALTIMORE, Nov. 9 (UPI) -- A hospital patient in Baltimore died Friday after starting a fire while smoking in bed, fire officials said.

"The Fire Department was called to the hospital this evening regarding a fire in a patient's room. We can confirm that one patient has died. The fire was put out quickly and is currently being investigated," University of Maryland Medical Center spokeswoman Sharon Boston said in a statement.

Fire officials told WBAL-TV, Baltimore, the patient caught fire at about 10:30 p.m.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
U.S. airstrikes succeeding in cutting oil financing for Islamic State U.S. airstrikes succeeding in cutting oil financing for Islamic State
2
California officer allegedly stole nude photos during arrest California officer allegedly stole nude photos during arrest
3
Ottawa assault: PM went to closet, MPs made spears from flagpoles Ottawa assault: PM went to closet, MPs made spears from flagpoles
4
[UPDATE] Two Calif. deputies killed, two others shot [UPDATE] Two Calif. deputies killed, two others shot
5
Nurse Nina Pham declared free of Ebola, meets President Obama Nurse Nina Pham declared free of Ebola, meets President Obama
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback