facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Hospital patient smokes in bed, starts fire, dies

Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM   |   Comments

BALTIMORE, Nov. 9 (UPI) -- A hospital patient in Baltimore died Friday after starting a fire while smoking in bed, fire officials said.

"The Fire Department was called to the hospital this evening regarding a fire in a patient's room. We can confirm that one patient has died. The fire was put out quickly and is currently being investigated," University of Maryland Medical Center spokeswoman Sharon Boston said in a statement.

Fire officials told WBAL-TV, Baltimore, the patient caught fire at about 10:30 p.m.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
New Jersey man caught selling 'Ebola' heroin New Jersey man caught selling 'Ebola' heroin
2
Kimberly Guilfoyle: young women should be 'excused' from voting to go on Tinder Kimberly Guilfoyle: young women should be 'excused' from voting to go on Tinder
3
Female gym teacher busted for repeated sex with student Female gym teacher busted for repeated sex with student
4
China overhauls legal system, at least on paper China overhauls legal system, at least on paper
5
American fighting with Kurds in Syria: Civilians burned in chemical attack American fighting with Kurds in Syria: Civilians burned in chemical attack
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback