facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Hospital patient smokes in bed, starts fire, dies

Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM   |   Comments

BALTIMORE, Nov. 9 (UPI) -- A hospital patient in Baltimore died Friday after starting a fire while smoking in bed, fire officials said.

"The Fire Department was called to the hospital this evening regarding a fire in a patient's room. We can confirm that one patient has died. The fire was put out quickly and is currently being investigated," University of Maryland Medical Center spokeswoman Sharon Boston said in a statement.

Fire officials told WBAL-TV, Baltimore, the patient caught fire at about 10:30 p.m.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Bill O'Reilly lashes out at Colbert for mocking his IS strategy Bill O'Reilly lashes out at Colbert for mocking his IS strategy
2
Six Flags fight leaves boy critically injured, may have been organized on Twitter Six Flags fight leaves boy critically injured, may have been organized on Twitter
3
Mayor of LA suburb shot, killed inside home Mayor of LA suburb shot, killed inside home
4
Wisc. reporter told 'not to speak to crowd' at Michelle Obama event Wisc. reporter told 'not to speak to crowd' at Michelle Obama event
5
Kiev slams Russia for bringing criminal complaints against Ukraine's armed forces Kiev slams Russia for bringing criminal complaints against Ukraine's armed forces
Trending News
x
Feedback