The woman, who lives in Brighton, Mich., said her 20-year-old son noticed a web and then spotted the spider, WXYZ, Detroit, reported.
Kroger issued a statement Wednesday saying it was grateful no one was harmed.
"Kroger is obviously concerned about the well being of our customers. We are extremely grateful no one was harmed in this incident. We recognize the customers reached out to our store team. The store team addressed their concerns with the customer," the statement said.
"Kroger works extensively with our growers to insure there are inspection processes points in place to make sure we are providing safe and quality food at all times. We also encourage customers to practice safe food handling if this is ever a concern to contact your local Kroger store."
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]