The attorney, Todd Sessions, told Utah 2nd District Juvenile Judge Janice Frost: "There is enough probable cause to charge him with what he's been charged with. He'd like to waive his preliminary hearing."
Prosecutors have said they intend to charge the teen, whose identity has not been released in connection with the crime, as an adult. He presently faces two counts of homicide in juvenile court. A hearing to determine whether that's appropriate has not been scheduled, The Salt Lake Tribune reported Tuesday.
Police said the teen's mother frantically called 911 May 22 after finding her 4-year-old son lying unconscious after suffering apparent stab wounds. She initially thought her two other children, a 10-year-old and the 15-year-old boy later charged in the deaths had gone missing. David County Sheriff's deputies found the 10-year-old's body in another part of the house. The child had also been stabbed to death.
Initially fearful the 15-year-old had been kidnapped by an intruder, police said they found him several hours later walking in a nearby neighborhood unharmed. Traces of his brothers' blood were found and he was charged with their killing, the newspaper said.
Sessions said the boy, who had only just turned 15 when the slayings occurred, is "aware of the gravity of the situation."
Several relatives including the boy's father and grandfather were with him in court Tuesday.
The teen's next court appearance, a status hearing, has been set for Oct. 8.
Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]