Six die in Lancaster, Pa., house fire

July 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM

LANECASTER, Pa., July 5 (UPI) -- Six people, including five members of a family, died in a Lancaster, Pa., house fire sparked by a kitchen cooking accident, authorities said Friday.

Homeowner Jimmy Moore, 64, died, as did David Kuhns, his wife Crystal Kuhns and their children -- Skylar, 8, Shawn, 6, and Mickey, 4. Kordell Kuhns, 2, was in critical condition at Crozer Chester Medical Center, near Philadelphia, WGAL-TV, Lancaster, Pa., reported.

The four-alarm fire began around 3 a.m. Thursday, WHTM-TV, Harrisburg, Pa., reported.

Officials said 14 people, nine adults and five children, were in the home at the time of the fire.

The home was not equipped with smoke detectors.

Nine people were hospitalized, one of whom, Martha Jones, was pregnant and underwent an emergency C-section at the hospital, WGAL-TV said.

Related UPI Stories
Topics: Martha Jones
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy drops bid for speaker
WikiLeaks offering $50K for video of Afghan hospital bombing
Murdoch sorry for implying Obama's not a 'real black president'
Reid sues exercise companies over eye injury
Lumber Liquidators to pay $10M in DOJ settlement