facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Colorado wildfire contained after burning down a home; no injuries

June 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM   |   Comments

GOLDEN CITY, Colo., June 28 (UPI) -- Firefighters said they contained a wildfire in Colorado's Jefferson County that had burned down a home and caused evacuations. No injuries were reported.

The Lillis Lane Fire broke out Thursday, forcing the evacuation of residents for a short period of time, KCNC-TV, Denver reported.

The fire was contained by early afternoon, an official said.

Investigators said they were trying to determine if the wildfire was started by illegal fireworks.

"Talking with the homeowners they've indicated that there were fireworks in the area ... it will be part of our investigation," said Jackie Kelly, spokeswoman for the Jefferson County sheriff.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Six Flags fight leaves boy critically injured, may have been organized on Twitter Six Flags fight leaves boy critically injured, may have been organized on Twitter
2
Mayor of LA suburb shot, killed inside home Mayor of LA suburb shot, killed inside home
3
Jury in 'loud music' retrial to get case Wednesday morning Jury in 'loud music' retrial to get case Wednesday morning
4
Kiev slams Russia for bringing criminal complaints against Ukraine's armed forces Kiev slams Russia for bringing criminal complaints against Ukraine's armed forces
5
Wisc. reporter told 'not to speak to crowd' at Michelle Obama event Wisc. reporter told 'not to speak to crowd' at Michelle Obama event
Trending News
x
Feedback