The lawsuit Eunice Huthart brought last week is believed to be the first claim filed in the United States by an alleged victim of the ongoing British phone hacking scandal, The Hollywood Reporter said Tuesday.
Huthart says in her suit she started suspecting voice messages left on her cellphone system were being intercepted in 2004 when she was living with Jolie in a Los Angeles house while filming "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and callers asked why she had not replied, the entertainment news website said.
Huthart says her personal account information surfaced in the notes of Glenn Mulcaire, a private investigator who worked for News Corp.'s now-defunct News of the World tabloid and was jailed in 2007.
"The unidentified investigators, the unidentified journalists and Mr. Mulcaire, upon information and belief, had plaintiff's cellular telephone number, and its PIN number, and they intentionally and willfully reset plaintiff's PIN number on several occasions in order to intercept her cellular telephone messages," the lawsuit alleges.
She contends News Corp.'s alleged hacking activities extended to California.
Huthart, a resident of Liverpool, England, says she has worked with Jolie since 2000, including on the movies "Beyond Borders" and "Tomb Raiders 2." She says she has a close relationship with the actress and is a godmother to Jolie's first biological child.
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]