A home on 9300 block of Ingalls Street in Westminster was completely decimated when it exploded following a suspected gas leak, community fire officials said of the incident.
Three people initially declared missing were later found unharmed. Two people suffered minor injuries, including a police officer who stepped on glass.
Westminster residents described the incident as loud and frightening.
"I thought a plane had crashed, or it was a bomb, a terrorist," Monique Gallegos told the Post of the explosion that blew the windows out of her home.
"My daughter and I kept smelling gas," her mother, Arlene Gallegos, told ABC 7 in Denver. "She said, 'Mama, I can smell gas.' I said, 'Yeah, I do too' and [the smell] kept coming and fading and everything. And all of a sudden there was a big old boom."
“It was a huge, huge explosion. I can’t describe it, it was so loud,” Nancy Passerella told CBS 4 in Denver.
2014: The Year in Fashion [PHOTOS]
Marine detained in Mexico is 'highly despondent'