facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Holder says 'substantial' progress in Benghazi investigation

May 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM   |   Comments

WASHINGTON, May 15 (UPI) -- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday the FBI has made "substantial" progress in the investigation of the deadly attack on a U.S. Consulate in Libya.

Terrorists killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attack in Benghazi last September. The FBI has been investigating who was behind the assault.

Without giving details, Holder told the House Judiciary Committee, "I'm satisfied with the progress that we have made in the investigation. Regardless of what happened previously, we have made very, very, very substantial progress in that investigation."

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Ailina Tsarnaev, Boston Marathon bomber's sister, arrested over alleged bomb threat
2
Major general stripped of title over handling of sexual abuse allegation
3
Texas man acquitted of killing man who killed his sons in DUI
4
Syrian militants seize Golan Heights border crossing
5
Canada offers Russia and 'Not Russia' a geography lesson
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback