CLEVELAND, May 9 (UPI) -- The daughter of a Cleveland man suspected of kidnapping and raping three women held captive for 10 years says she had no idea about the alleged actions.
Arlene Castro, 22, told ABC News' "Good Morning America" Thursday she was "disappointed" and "embarrassed" by the allegations against her father, Ariel Castro, 52.
Ariel Castro was arraigned Thursday on four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape. He was held on $8 million bond.
The victims -- Amanda Berry, 27, Michele Knight, 32, and Gina DeJesus, 23 -- were kidnapped and "repeatedly sexually assaulted by the defendant," court documents state. The abuse occurred "during the entire course of captivity."
Police said they believe the three were initially chained in the basement of the Cleveland home from which they escaped Monday after Berry, who gave birth to a girl named Jocelyn during her captivity, managed to alert neighbors.
Jocelyn, now 6, had the most freedom and occasionally accompanied Ariel Castro on trips outside of the house, police said.
"[I'm] just mainly devastated about this whole situation," Arlene Castro said.
She said she hadn't talked to her father since "late last month."
"Me and my father were never really that close," Arlene Castro said. "Every time we would talk it would just be short conversations, just a hello, how are you doing and let me know if you need anything and that was it."
Arlene Castro was also the person to see DeJesus before she went missing in April 2004. The two were walking home together and separated when Arlene's Castro's mother told her to come home.
"My mom said, 'No,' I can't go over to [DeJesus'] house. I told her [DeJesus] I couldn't. She said, 'Well, I'll talk to you later' and just walked," Arlene told "America's Most Wanted" in 2005.
"I am absolutely so, so sorry," Arlene Castro said on "Good Morning America," referring to DeJesus. "I really want to see Gina and I want you to meet my kids. I'm so sorry for everything."