facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

4 die of carbon monoxide in Pennsylvania home

April 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM   |   Comments

DOYLESTOWN, Pa., April 16 (UPI) -- A family of four was found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in their eastern Pennsylvania home, police said.

Police said the deadly fumes came from a car left running in the Milford Township home's attached garage, WPVI-TV, Philadelphia, reported. State police were investigating whether the deaths were somehow a murder-suicide case, the TV station said.

The bodies of Gary Reitnauer, 59, Michele Reitnauer, 58, and their daughters, Yun Jiao (Kimberly) Cao, and Jamie Hongfan Reitnauer, 10, were found about 11:20 p.m. Monday.

Troopers found Gary Reitnauer in the car. Michele Reitnauer and one of the girls also were found in the garage and the second daughter was found elsewhere in the home.

A nephew, Rob Zem, told WPVI-TV the deaths came as a shock.

"I don't know what went wrong. It's a tragedy all around," he said.

Topics: State Police
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Obamas attend wedding of personal chef
2
Pakistan PM Nawaz in hiding, death toll reaches 11
3
Corvette Museum plans to fill in sinkhole
4
Boy being treated for brain tumor taken from hospital
5
Lesotho military allegedly takes control of government buildings
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback