facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Suit says boy, 2, ate condom at McDonald's

March 15, 2013 at 3:25 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
CHICAGO, March 15 (UPI) -- A Chicago woman has sued McDonald's, claiming her 2-year-old son found and ate a used condom he found in a restaurant play area.

Ashi Spencer's suit, filed Wednesday in Cook County Circuit Court, claims her son Jacquel "picked up a used condom that was on the floor" of the McDonald's in the Gage Park neighborhood of Chicago in February 2012 and later "coughed up a piece of the used condom."

The complaint also says Jacquel's 4-year-old brother Jonathan handled the condom, and that both boys "suffered severe and permanent injuries, both physical and psychological" and will require "continued medical care."

Spencer has also asked for at least $50,000 in damages, NBC News reported Friday.

The three-count liability lawsuit claims negligence on the part of McDonald's Corp. and McDonald's of Illinois, and also seeks compensation for the children's medical treatment, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
New York Post defies #ISISMediablackout with graphic James Foley cover
2
Russia, Ukraine give ICRC necessary security guarantees for aid convoy
3
Top Hamas commanders killed in Israeli airstrikes in Gaza
4
New York Times reporter ordered to leave Afghanistan
5
Chris Christie flips at town hall attendee over Bruce Springsteen
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback