facebook
twitter
search
search

Suit says boy, 2, ate condom at McDonald's

March 15, 2013 at 3:25 PM
| License Photo

CHICAGO, March 15 (UPI) -- A Chicago woman has sued McDonald's, claiming her 2-year-old son found and ate a used condom he found in a restaurant play area.

Ashi Spencer's suit, filed Wednesday in Cook County Circuit Court, claims her son Jacquel "picked up a used condom that was on the floor" of the McDonald's in the Gage Park neighborhood of Chicago in February 2012 and later "coughed up a piece of the used condom."

The complaint also says Jacquel's 4-year-old brother Jonathan handled the condom, and that both boys "suffered severe and permanent injuries, both physical and psychological" and will require "continued medical care."

Spencer has also asked for at least $50,000 in damages, NBC News reported Friday.

The three-count liability lawsuit claims negligence on the part of McDonald's Corp. and McDonald's of Illinois, and also seeks compensation for the children's medical treatment, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
'Serial stowaway' arrested again at Chicago's O'Hare, Midway airports
Maine man dead after shooting firework off head, police say
Burt's Bees co-founder Burt Shavitz dies at 80
Dalai Lama celebrating 80th birthday at Southern California summit
Encroaching sea levels endanger Pakistan's Indus Delta