account
search
search

Suspect in triple shooting arrested

  |   March 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM
DETROIT, March 8 (UPI) -- Detroit police arrested a suspect in a triple homicide case that involved two young girls being left with the bodies in an abandoned house overnight.

The killings happened about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, The Detroit News reported. The mothers of the girls, an infant and a 5-year-old, and a male acquaintance were shot in front of the girls.

Police initially received the wrong address in a report of the shooting, so the bodies weren't discovered until Thursday.

Detroit Police Officer Cassandra Lewis said the bodies were unidentified as of Thursday.

"They all appear to be in their mid-20's," Lewis said.

Police confirmed Friday that a suspect in the case had been arrested but no other details were reported.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback