facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Kidnapped baby found safe in Minneapolis

Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM   |   Comments

MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- An 8-month old boy who was abducted from his mother in Minneapolis has been found safe and the woman accused of taking him has been arrested, police said.

The suspect, identified as Isabel Diaz Castillo, 30, was taken into custody Wednesday -- about four hours after the boy, Carlos Orozco was found, the St. Paul (Minn.) Pioneer Press reported.

At about 11:55 a.m. Wednesday, Carlos' mother placed the boy in a car seat inside her apartment so she could take a shower. When she came out of her shower, the boy was gone.

Police said they received an anonymous tip that led them to a relative of Castillo's home, where Castillo and Carlos were found.

Minneapolis Police spokesman Sgt. William Palmer said he could not yet say what the motive behind the kidnapping was, but added that Castillo "had been paying an inordinate amount of attention to the child" over the past few weeks after she befriended Carlos' mother.

Carlos was reunited with his mother after paramedics checked him out and determined he was unhurt.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Ukraine claims Russian offensive on third front
2
Syrian militants seize Golan Heights border crossing
3
Major general stripped of title over handling of sexual abuse allegation
4
Serial stowaway arrested again in Phoenix
5
Report reveals 1,400 children sexually abused in English town between 1997 and 2013
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback