SALLISAW, Okla., Feb. 19 (UPI) -- Oklahoma fire investigators said they haven't ruled out spontaneous combustion after a man burned to death in his home.
Neighbors rushed into the man's home and tried to extinguish what they thought was a burning pile of trash. It turned out to be the remains of the home's inhabitant, whose identity had not been released, Sequoyah County Sheriff Ron Lockhart said.
The Tulsa World said there was no obvious accelerant and pending an autopsy, the cause of the fire remained a mystery.
"This is very bizarre," Lockhart said. "You're thinking someone poured something on him, but there was no fire source."