facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Five dead in Indiana mobile home fire

Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM   |   Comments

SULPHUR, Ind., Feb. 7 (UPI) -- Five people died in a fire in an Indiana mobile home early Thursday in a blaze believed caused by a wood stove, officials said.

Crawford County Sheriff Tim Wilkerson said two children, ages 3 and 8, were among the dead, reported WDRB-TV, Louisville, Ky.

Two half-brothers and the girlfriend of one of the brothers also died in the fire, which started shortly after midnight in the town of Sulphur.

The 8-year-old was the daughter of one of the men and the 3-year-old was the woman's son.

Fire officials said the wood stove blamed for the fire appeared to be heating the home.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
The UN has released its list of leaders attending climate summit The UN has released its list of leaders attending climate summit
2
Hurricane Odile now a dangerous category 4 storm Hurricane Odile now a dangerous category 4 storm
3
Navy halts search for missing jet pilot after crash Navy halts search for missing jet pilot after crash
4
Mary Landrieu spent $33K of taxpayers' money on campaign travel Mary Landrieu spent $33K of taxpayers' money on campaign travel
5
Bernie Sanders says he may run for president in 2016 Bernie Sanders says he may run for president in 2016
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback