facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Five dead in Indiana mobile home fire

Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM   |   Comments

SULPHUR, Ind., Feb. 7 (UPI) -- Five people died in a fire in an Indiana mobile home early Thursday in a blaze believed caused by a wood stove, officials said.

Crawford County Sheriff Tim Wilkerson said two children, ages 3 and 8, were among the dead, reported WDRB-TV, Louisville, Ky.

Two half-brothers and the girlfriend of one of the brothers also died in the fire, which started shortly after midnight in the town of Sulphur.

The 8-year-old was the daughter of one of the men and the 3-year-old was the woman's son.

Fire officials said the wood stove blamed for the fire appeared to be heating the home.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
France holds up delivery of warships to Russia France holds up delivery of warships to Russia
2
Police suspect poisoning in death of Utah family Police suspect poisoning in death of Utah family
3
Navy SEAL who claims to be Bin Laden's shooter to reveal identity on Fox News Navy SEAL who claims to be Bin Laden's shooter to reveal identity on Fox News
4
Hawaii lava update: 100 feet from home, National Guard deployed Hawaii lava update: 100 feet from home, National Guard deployed
5
Kaci Hickox won't obey Maine Ebola quarantine, state may go to court Kaci Hickox won't obey Maine Ebola quarantine, state may go to court
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback