facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Five dead in Indiana mobile home fire

Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM   |   Comments

SULPHUR, Ind., Feb. 7 (UPI) -- Five people died in a fire in an Indiana mobile home early Thursday in a blaze believed caused by a wood stove, officials said.

Crawford County Sheriff Tim Wilkerson said two children, ages 3 and 8, were among the dead, reported WDRB-TV, Louisville, Ky.

Two half-brothers and the girlfriend of one of the brothers also died in the fire, which started shortly after midnight in the town of Sulphur.

The 8-year-old was the daughter of one of the men and the 3-year-old was the woman's son.

Fire officials said the wood stove blamed for the fire appeared to be heating the home.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Lockheed Martin, Roketsan collaborate on F-35 cruise missile Lockheed Martin, Roketsan collaborate on F-35 cruise missile
2
GenDyn UK picks Lockheed Martin for vehicle turrets GenDyn UK picks Lockheed Martin for vehicle turrets
3
Survey: Harvard Law grads earn the most of any grad school in the country Survey: Harvard Law grads earn the most of any grad school in the country
4
Kimberly Guilfoyle: young women should be 'excused' from voting to go on Tinder Kimberly Guilfoyle: young women should be 'excused' from voting to go on Tinder
5
China overhauls legal system, at least on paper China overhauls legal system, at least on paper
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback