facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Las Vegas house fire kills man; 3 hurt

Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM   |   Comments

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 17 (UPI) -- Las Vegas firefighters said a bed-ridden man was killed early Thursday in a house fire that also sent his three roommates to the hospital.

The injuries in the pre-dawn blaze included smoke inhalation and possible carbon monoxide poisoning, but the victims should recover, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue officials told KLAS-TV, Las Vegas.

Heavy smoke was pouring from the home when the first fire vehicles arrived at the scene shortly after midnight. Two of the residents had escaped from the house, and neighbors pulled a third man to safety through a window; however, the fourth resident was unable to escape and was discovered dead inside the home.

Investigators said the survivors told them the dead man had been laid up in bed due to an injury. He was described as a heavy smoker who used a space heater at night, either of which could have started the fire.

The names of the victims were not immediately released.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Russia prepares militarization of Arctic Russia prepares militarization of Arctic
2
Freedom variant LCS takes to water Freedom variant LCS takes to water
3
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder officially bans sales of Tesla Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder officially bans sales of Tesla
4
Toyota, Honda, Mazda, BMW, Nissan and GM all affected by defective airbag recall Toyota, Honda, Mazda, BMW, Nissan and GM all affected by defective airbag recall
5
Utah considers ditching daylight saving time Utah considers ditching daylight saving time
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback