facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Toddler dies after ingesting chili powder

Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM   |   Comments

APPLE VALLEY, Calif., Jan. 8 (UPI) -- A 21-year-old California woman is being held on $500,000 bond in connection with the death of a toddler who ingested chili power, police said.

The 2-year-old girl suffered a seizure on Sunday after ingesting the spicy powder and San Bernardino sheriff's deputies arrested the father's girlfriend, The San Bernardino (Calif.) Sun reported.

Amanda Sorensen of High Desert was taken into custody on suspicion of child abuse, the Los Angeles Times reported.

A court appearance is set for Wednesday.

An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of the toddler's death.

Police did not release the name of the victim.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Rutgers sophomore Caitlyn Kovacs dead after visit to Delta Kappa Epsilon frat house Rutgers sophomore Caitlyn Kovacs dead after visit to Delta Kappa Epsilon frat house
2
Bill Clinton hints he expects to be grandfather by first of October Bill Clinton hints he expects to be grandfather by first of October
3
Man who raped pit bull puppy sentenced to five years in prison Man who raped pit bull puppy sentenced to five years in prison
4
Cop-killer suspect Eric Frein possibly spotted, in standoff Cop-killer suspect Eric Frein possibly spotted, in standoff
5
Hiker dead in apparent bear attack in New Jersey Hiker dead in apparent bear attack in New Jersey
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback