facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Toddler dies after ingesting chili powder

Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM   |   Comments

APPLE VALLEY, Calif., Jan. 8 (UPI) -- A 21-year-old California woman is being held on $500,000 bond in connection with the death of a toddler who ingested chili power, police said.

The 2-year-old girl suffered a seizure on Sunday after ingesting the spicy powder and San Bernardino sheriff's deputies arrested the father's girlfriend, The San Bernardino (Calif.) Sun reported.

Amanda Sorensen of High Desert was taken into custody on suspicion of child abuse, the Los Angeles Times reported.

A court appearance is set for Wednesday.

An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of the toddler's death.

Police did not release the name of the victim.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
France holds up delivery of warships to Russia France holds up delivery of warships to Russia
2
North Korea publicly executes 10 people for watching South Korean soap operas North Korea publicly executes 10 people for watching South Korean soap operas
3
Father upset over Islam history lesson barred from school over threats Father upset over Islam history lesson barred from school over threats
4
Suspected Pennsylvania cop killer Eric Frein nabbed Suspected Pennsylvania cop killer Eric Frein nabbed
5
Ex-Navy SEAL probed over bin Laden revelations Ex-Navy SEAL probed over bin Laden revelations
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback