facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Toddler dies after ingesting chili powder

Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM   |   Comments

APPLE VALLEY, Calif., Jan. 8 (UPI) -- A 21-year-old California woman is being held on $500,000 bond in connection with the death of a toddler who ingested chili power, police said.

The 2-year-old girl suffered a seizure on Sunday after ingesting the spicy powder and San Bernardino sheriff's deputies arrested the father's girlfriend, The San Bernardino (Calif.) Sun reported.

Amanda Sorensen of High Desert was taken into custody on suspicion of child abuse, the Los Angeles Times reported.

A court appearance is set for Wednesday.

An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of the toddler's death.

Police did not release the name of the victim.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Two dead, more wounded in high school cafeteria shooting in Marysville, Wash. Two dead, more wounded in high school cafeteria shooting in Marysville, Wash.
2
U.S. airstrikes succeeding in cutting oil financing for Islamic State U.S. airstrikes succeeding in cutting oil financing for Islamic State
3
Nurse Nina Pham declared free of Ebola, meets President Obama Nurse Nina Pham declared free of Ebola, meets President Obama
4
Russian currency crashes Russian currency crashes
5
UNESCO: Crimea part of Ukraine, not Russia UNESCO: Crimea part of Ukraine, not Russia
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback