A family spokesman confirmed Peter Lanza of Stamford claimed the body of his 20-year-old son and "private arrangements" for burial took place during the weekend, the Hartford Courant reported Monday. The state medical examiner had said Sunday the mass killer's body had been claimed sometime last week, the newspaper said.
The burial site wasn't disclosed.
Lanza's death has been ruled a suicide, though toxicology tests had yet to be completed. Scientists at the University of Connecticut have been asked by the medical examiner to study his DNA to see if there were any mutations or abnormalities to indicate a motivation for the shootings, the Courant reported.
Before shooting 20 children and six adults to death at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Lanza killed his mother at their house. The body of Nancy Lanza, a native of Kingston, N.H., was claimed by a funeral home in New Hampshire and buried earlier this month.
Yosemite climber falls 30 feet, suffers major injuries
Easer Egg Roll brings thousands to White House