Strauss-Kahn hearing set

Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

NEW YORK, Dec. 9 (UPI) -- A New York judge has ordered an interpreter for the hotel maid suing Dominique Strauss-Kahn for sex assault ahead of a Monday hearing a court official said.

The New York Daily News reported Sunday that even though Strauss-Kahn, the former International Monetary Fund head and one-time potential French presidential candidate, won't be at the hearing, the scheduling of an interpreter for Guinean immigrant Nafissatou Diallo could signal a settlement is in the offing.

In May 2011, Diallo accused Strauss-Kahn of forcing her to perform oral sex when he was staying at the Sofitel Hotel where she worked. Prosecutors declined to pursue a criminal case but Diallo, 33, filed a civil suit against him.

Strauss-Kahn, 63, countersued, accusing Diallo, 33, of ruining his reputation.

Sources told the Daily News last week attorneys had outlined the terms of a settlement, though Strauss-Kahn's lawyers denied a published report he would pay out $6 million.

The Daily News said Diallo has settled a defamation lawsuit against the New York Post, which had reported she was a prostitute. The terms have not been disclosed.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
Vatican: Pope's meeting with Kim Davis not a show of support
Potential male contraceptive found in study with mice
Cancer and height are linked, new study shows
Hacker may have exposed data of 15 million T-Mobile customers
Education Secretary Arne Duncan to step down in December