facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Frying turkey sparks garage fire

Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM   |   Comments

CRYSTAL LAKE, Ill., Nov. 23 (UPI) -- A deep-fried turkey caused $80,000 in damage to a suburban Chicago garage on Thanksgiving.

Firefighters were called to the scene about noon Thursday in Crystal Lake to find smoke and flames coming out of the garage. The structure and its contents were deemed a complete loss, the Chicago Tribune reported.

The blaze was ruled an accident and no injuries were reported.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Police closing in on suspect in Pennsylvania state trooper killing Police closing in on suspect in Pennsylvania state trooper killing
2
Prince Harry sweeps an adorable little girl off her feet at Invictus Games Prince Harry sweeps an adorable little girl off her feet at Invictus Games
3
The White House partially evacuated after disturbance UPDATED The White House partially evacuated after disturbance UPDATED
4
Additional sub-components being made for Ballistic Missile Defense radar Additional sub-components being made for Ballistic Missile Defense radar
5
U.S. intercepts two Russian fighter jets near Alaska
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback