Vera Oliphant, an 11th grader as Chaparral High School, was visiting her uncle on Oct. 2 when she climbed a hill trying to find cell phone reception, KGTV, San Diego, reported.
"I felt the tip of my foot roll off something and I looked down and six rattlesnakes were latched onto my foot," Oliphant said Friday.
It was a mother rattlesnake and five babies.
"The pain: On a scale of one to ten it was like a 45," she said. "It felt like it was on fire and like I had a bunch of tiny needles going into me."
Her uncle rushed her to the hospital, where she collapsed.
"It took 24 vials of anti-venom to neutralize all the poison that went in me," she said.
Doctors told Oliphant to expect numbness for a while, but that she would recover and will be able to return to school this week.
Swim Week Miami Beach 2014 [PHOTOS]