MOUNT KISCO, N.Y., Oct. 22 (UPI) -- A Fox News reporter and Kennedy clan member said Monday he is "ready for justice to be done" at the start of his bench trial for child endangerment in New York.
Douglas Kennedy, son of the late U.S. Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, made his way through a throng of media and onlookers at the start of his trial before a judge on charges of child endangerment and harassment.
"We're ready for justice to be done," Kennedy said as he entered the courtroom. "We're just ready for this to start."
Kennedy is accused of kicking one maternity ward nurse and grabbing another when they prevented him from taking his then-2-day-old son Bo out of the North Westchester Hospital to get some air.
Prosecutors plan to show Mount Kisco Village Court Judge John Donohue a security video that allegedly shows a portion of the Jan. 7 incident, including one nurse being knocked to the ground, the Journal News of White Plains, N.Y., reported Monday.
Kennedy previously rejected a settlement offer made by the nurses, the Journal News reported.