Accused child rapist may have more victims

Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM   |   0 comments

MURFREESBORO, Tenn., Oct. 10 (UPI) -- A Tennessee man who allegedly admitted sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl has also said she was not his first victim, police said.

Investigators asked other families who have had dealings with Jason Burns to come forward, Gannett Tennessee reported. The 38-year-old Murfreesboro man was arrested last week after allegedly admitting at least one assault and remained in the county jail Tuesday.

"We know there are other victims because he told us during an interview that this was not his first or only victim," Kyle Evans, a spokesman for the Murfreesboro Police Department, said.

Detective Sgt. Wayne Lawson said Burns was interviewed on two separate occasions after police determined the 4-year-old's story was "credible."

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Join the conversation
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback