Special master Sheila Birnbaum made the announcement following a final rule issued by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
"As previously stated, the Sept. 11th Victim Compensation Fund ... will follow the medical analyses conducted by the doctors and scientists at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health who operate the World Trade Center Health Program," Birnbaum said in a statement.
"Individuals who have been diagnosed with one of the cancers added by the health program today [Monday] will be eligible for compensation from the [fund] provided the cancer is determined to be a result of the Sept. 11th attacks under the standards to be developed by the health program, and provided they meet the [fund's] other eligibility criteria."
Those criteria "include proving physical presence at one of the crash sites between Sept. 11, 2001, and May 30, 2002, a specific medical condition that is a direct result of the terrorist-related crashes or the debris removal at the crash sites, and a physical injury treated by a medical professional within a reasonable time from the date the injury was discovered."
She said more information was at www.vcf.gov
Putin thinks Obama would save him if he were drowning
Chipotle plans first price increase in 3 years