SNELLVILLE, Ga., Aug. 1 (UPI) -- A 24-year-old Georgia student who lost her hands, left leg and right foot to a flesh-eating bacteria is set to leave rehabilitation in August, her family said.
Aimee Copeland lost her leg, foot and hands to a rare flesh-eating bacteria in May after a zip-line accident, WSB-TV, Atlanta, reported.
In early July, she was transferred to an inpatient rehabilitation center where she has been making great progress, said her father, Andy Copeland.
"[She's] working really hard to overcome the limitations of her disability," Andy Copeland said.
Andy Copeland said his daughter is set to leave rehabilitation sometime in August.
In the meantime, volunteers from The Home Depot in Snellville are working to renovate Aimee Copeland's home in Snellville to make it more accessible for her.
"We have torn out most of the kitchen, so far, and we're going to replace it with a kitchen that's [Americans with Disabilities Act] compliant so she will get around the kitchen," said a manager at store.
The project, which includes installing new cabinets, countertops and appliances that are within easy reach for Copeland, should be finished in the next two weeks, the report said.