LITTLE ROCK, Ark., July 4 (UPI) -- A Little Rock, Ark., man was hospitalized after a homemade cannon went off while he was loading it, causing a finger amputation and other injuries, police said.
Gregory Carlson told investigators he was working on the cannon in his barn Tuesday afternoon when it ignited and exploded. He was found with severe damage to his left hand, and burns to his face and chest.
Police found a severed finger, and other pieces of flesh, at the scene, KARK-TV reported Wednesday, adding that Carlson was taken to a local hospital.
Agencies including the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms were notified of the incident, but it has not been determined if Carlson will be cited, police said.