SANFORD, Fla., June 6 (UPI) -- George Zimmerman's lawyer said Tuesday he would delay a request for a new bond while his client awaits trial for the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.
Defense Attorney Mark O'Mara announced the decision on his Web site, the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel reported.
"Mr. Zimmerman's legal defense team has decided to delay filing a motion for bond," the announcement read. "A hearing will not be scheduled for a couple of weeks, and we will file the motion well in advance of the hearing."
Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester revoked Zimmerman's bond Friday, after state prosecutors argued Zimmerman and his wife conspired to lie to the court about the money.
Prosecutors said Zimmerman's wife, Shellie Zimmerman, lied under oath during Zimmerman's April 20 bail hearing when she said the couple were essentially indigent -- when in truth they had raised at least $135,000 through a Web site they set up to support his defense in the days before his arrest.
George Zimmerman sat silently "like a potted plant" while Zimmerman's lawyer told Lester Zimmerman didn't have the money to pay a high bail, Lester said in revoking the bail.
Zimmerman's lawyers said in their blog Monday Zimmerman deserved credit for mentioning the money to them five days after the bail hearing.
The lawyers said they then disclosed the money "to the court and to the state attorney's office."
That led to the state submitting transcripts of phone conversations Zimmerman had with his wife while he was initially jailed. The transcripts revealed they talked about having access to at least $135,000 in donations.
A new Facebook page titled "Charge Shellie Zimmerman With Perjury" had more than 300 "Likes" Monday night, a United Press International review indicated.
Zimmerman's lawyers said in their blog that of the $204,000 so far raised, $150,000 was in an independently managed legal defense fund, $30,000 was allocated for Zimmerman to go into hiding and $20,000 is being used for a few months of Zimmerman's living expenses.
The blog Web site appealed to supporters to donate to the legal defense fund.
"The money donated here will be used for George Zimmerman's ongoing living expenses, legal costs, and fees for this matter," the donation page says. "The funds are being administered by a third-party administrator, who has a background as a former [U.S. Internal Revenue Service] agent, a certified public accountant, and great experience in dealing with Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee matters."
Chapter 7 of the U.S. bankruptcy code governs liquidation under federal bankruptcy laws.
O'Mara told ABC News Monday online donations to the defense fund surged after his return to jail and were totaling about $1,000 a day.
Zimmerman, 28, who has pleaded not guilty to a charge of second-degree murder in the shooting death of Martin, 17, returned to jail in Sanford, Fla., Sunday after Lester revoked the $150,000 bond that released him from jail in April.
The Seminole County Sheriff's Department said Zimmerman was segregated from the general jail population of nearly 1,400 inmates because of the case's high profile.
His cell, designed for two inmates, is about 67 square feet in area. He has no TV access, but can get books and magazines from the jail library. He was also to receive 3 hours of recreation time a week.