facebook
twitter
search
search

'Octomom' reports new death threat

April 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM

NEW YORK, April 11 (UPI) -- "Octomom" Nadya Suleman said Wednesday she received a death threat telling her to leave California after she talked about threats on NBC's "Today" show.

Suleman said a note was discovered in her car during the weekend that read: "Leave California or you will die."

She told "Today" the new threat may have been inspired by what she said last week.

"I received thousands (of death threats) for the first two years, and then they suddenly stopped, and then they just started again,'' she said.

Suleman, 36, made international headlines in 2009 when she bore eight children conceived through in vitro fertilization. She was already a mother of six, also conceived through in vitro.

Attempts to use her celebrity to make money to support her family have not been successful. She recently said she was receiving $2,000 a month in food stamps and that her house is in foreclosure.

Suleman said that because of the threats she rarely leaves the house and tries to disguise herself most of the time when she does.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Catholic Church in Norway ordered to pay $5.1 million for fraud
North Korean diplomats sending their children to mental hospitals
Report: North Korea executed over 1,300 people
Shark bite confirmed off North Carolina shore
Jerusalem family finds ancient ritual bath under home