facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Rattlesnake bite lands man in hospital

April 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM   |   Comments

SAN DIEGO, April 10 (UPI) -- A San Diego man was in fair condition after being bitten by a baby rattlesnake in the kitchen of his condominium.

Paramedics rushed Kenny Ngo, 44, to Pomerado Medical Center Monday after he was bitten. They said his reaction to the venom was instantaneous and severe.

"Almost like tremors or shaking and it did affect his speech a little bit," San Diego Fire-Rescue medic Mitchell Brasga told KGTV, San Diego.

Brasga said Ngo walked barefoot into his kitchen and the snake slithered up behind him and bit him on the heel.

"I don't believe he saw the snake," said Brasga. "He just felt a bite and then noticed the snake on the floor."

Brasga told KGTV the incident was the third rattlesnake bite paramedics had been called to handled in the past four months.

"With the warmer weather, it's going to become more pervasive," he said.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
New submarine set for commissioning New submarine set for commissioning
2
California officer allegedly stole nude photos during arrest California officer allegedly stole nude photos during arrest
3
[UPDATE] Two Calif. deputies killed, two others shot [UPDATE] Two Calif. deputies killed, two others shot
4
Lauren Hill's cancer won't stop teen from playing basketball Lauren Hill's cancer won't stop teen from playing basketball
5
Health care worker monitored for Ebola in New Jersey Health care worker monitored for Ebola in New Jersey
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback