facebook
twitter
search
search

Rattlesnake bite lands man in hospital

April 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM

SAN DIEGO, April 10 (UPI) -- A San Diego man was in fair condition after being bitten by a baby rattlesnake in the kitchen of his condominium.

Paramedics rushed Kenny Ngo, 44, to Pomerado Medical Center Monday after he was bitten. They said his reaction to the venom was instantaneous and severe.

"Almost like tremors or shaking and it did affect his speech a little bit," San Diego Fire-Rescue medic Mitchell Brasga told KGTV, San Diego.

Brasga said Ngo walked barefoot into his kitchen and the snake slithered up behind him and bit him on the heel.

"I don't believe he saw the snake," said Brasga. "He just felt a bite and then noticed the snake on the floor."

Brasga told KGTV the incident was the third rattlesnake bite paramedics had been called to handled in the past four months.

"With the warmer weather, it's going to become more pervasive," he said.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
N.H. primary polls open: Kasich, Sanders get early leads
5 Reasons why Denver Broncos won't be repeat champions
U.N. report: Syria's Assad guilty of 'inhuman' crimes, gruesome torture, deaths
On heels of E. coli outbreaks, Chipotle spending millions for new ingredient safeguards
Hugh Jackman shows photo of his latest skin cancer treatment